Thursday, September 06, 2007

M is for "Music"

Ok...I know I have neglected the blog lately! The last week of summer vacation became extremely busy and then school started and we are still getting used to new schedules! That will have to wait until the next post. I will finish the alphabet (I swear I will) but it may take me a little while since there will be other things to talk about in between. But for the moment....

Music....since my favorite friend lately is my Ipod (and I don't even have a cool and updated version yet like Meegan!) I think I will take some of my musical tastes from what I have downloaded. Meegan did a wonderful post on her workout/what gets her moving music and I rather like that idea. Besides, my Ipod really is divided up into different playlists such as workout music, what my kids call "kitchen music" which is what I listen to while I'm cooking/cleaning, (which takes much of it's inspiration from Sirius channel 22), and chill out time music. Since I loved Meegan's post so much I am putting up a fairly current list of my favorite tunes that I listen to when out on my walks in the very early a.m. Or at least it's early to me....my mom scoffs at my notion of early! ;)

1) "Juicy" Better than Ezra-- A good song to wake up to and to get movin'!
2) "Desire" Gene loves Jezebal--Oh reminds me of my youth
3) "Pon de Replay" Rhinna--Music that forces your legs to move, no matter how tired
4) "You can Do it" No Doubt-- Love No Doubt...saw them in concert...love them!
5) "Holiday" Green Day--modern, punkish, rebellious, love it!
6) "The Cup of Life" Ricky Martin--what can I say, this was meant to make you move your
body!
7) "Add it Up" Violent Femmes--Actually Andy was really into this when I first met him...
reminds me a lot of that time period!
8) "Marked" Bad Religion-- So love them, they rock fast and hard...just like I like it! ;)
9) "Dearly Beloved" Bad Religion--from their new album, rocks just as much as their older
stuff....plus they always seem to lay their feelings out on the line
10) "52 Girls" B-52's---oh another band from younger days that i love!
11) "I Dream Myself Alive" A-Ha-- cheesy but I still like them!
12) "Sing, Sing, Sing" The American Patrol-- love big band stuff....makes me want to dance
again!
13) "This is Not a Love Song" Public Image Ltd-- This song is like a moving sidewalk, I can
totally wiped out and I swear this one will carry me home! :)
14) "Tonite" The Go-Go's-- they were secretly very naughty girls, who knew?! ( I watched
some program on VH1 I think and was quite shocked!)
15) "Live and Let Die" Guns and Roses-- Who knew they could do such a rockin' cover of
this song? Plus, it's good for pushing some intervals!
16) "Angels on the Balcony" Blondie-- I worshipped Deborah Harry as a youth...still love the
music too!
17) "Throw Away Your Television" Red Hot Chili Peppers-- I admit, I came to like them
rather late in the game but boy....love em now!
18) "Do It" Dead or Alive-- club music from years past but still classic!

Probably enough for now....I could go on and on and talk about my entire list of music but for now this is it! I didn't provide links to any of these because I am just not as good as Sarah and don't really have the patience for it today. Besides, tonight we are juggling soccer practice with a preschool meeting and various other stuff for the weekend and I really should be cooking dinner right now!

2 comments:

Meegan Blue said...

Sweet list! I'll be adding some to my Nano for sure!

Sarah said...

Great list. There's a handful on here that I don't have.