Friday, September 28, 2007

R is for "Random Thoughts"

So our regular family programming is unavailable today as Amy is about to talk about a few random things going on in life!



1) Our day here started off rather badly this morning. Matthew was already up at 6 a.m. and

just as Andy was leaving for work, he asked daddy to turn on our alarm we have for the

house. Which is fine, except that then Matthew decided he wanted to watch daddy leave

for work out on the front porch and must have opened the door at the right moment and

tripped the alarm. Like full on, intensely loud, screeching alarm and let me say now that at

this point I had been awake for all of 60 seconds previously. This isn't exactly how I like to

ease into my morning and plus it had Matthew all freaked out for awhile too. Bad, bad

morning.



2) I read something in today's A&E about a "White Trash" woman contest. Really? And why?

Do we really need to encourage such things? I guess I do see some of the humor in it, but

I also kind of think that maybe yuck in the world. Let us not add to it intentionally.



3) We had 'back to school night' last night at Matthew's school. (It's basically open house)

He did much better with it this year. Last year was really hard on him, dealing with such

a massive amount of people but this time around, he handled things fairly well. He didn't

seem so "lost" and found some of his friends rather quickly and played on the playground.

Last year, he spent most of his time wandering and didn't quite know what to do with

himself so this year seemed to be a big improvement.



4) Why are people who are perfectly normal drivers on the road, become complete idiots in a

parking lot? Who knows, maybe they are idiots on the road too but a parking lot shouldn't

be difficult! The other night at the grocery store, someones car was getting towed out of

the parking lot and in order for me to get out, I was going to have to back all the way out

since I couldn't get around the tow truck. It all seemed pretty clear to me but apparently

to the guy this whipped in behind me and wouldn't move because he wanted my parking

spot. (the parking lot wasn't very crowded at this point either!) So I had to go forward,

past my parking spot but still stuck behind the tow truck until he pulled into my old spot.

THEN I could back all the way out. (Insert expletive) The kicker was when he got out

of his car he looked rather sheepish and ducked into the store. Yeah.....idiot.



5) Mason has the best belly laugh!!! The other night he was joking around with Andy with some
story they were reading and I swear...if he gets going with the deep belly laugh you can't help
but laugh too! One of these days I will actually have the camera handy when it happens and
take a movie of it but until then....believe me. It's great!

6) And damn it....I obviously need to learn some basic computer coding because this blog is really pissing me off!!!! Seems like I can't get the font to ever stay, the line breaks where I need them, and nothing (lately) seems to post as it looks when I preview it! argghhhh.....

No comments: