Sunday, July 13, 2008

I don't Understand!

Around SE Portland, I see plenty of people getting into the "reduce and reuse" mode of things, particularly with grocery shopping and the popularity of reusable grocery bags. As I understood things, wasn't the point to cut down on the useage of those plastic bags that are going to be in our landfills forever? I thought a lot of people got that point, but apparently not our local newspaper! Why oh why does the Oregonian insist on delivering its paper in a plastic bag? On a perfectly good July sunny day? I just don't get it.....do the people in charge over there not get the message about our environmental problems? Or maybe it's just because I am a mom and occasionally notice the ridiculousness of of some things and look towards the future for my children. I am just vastly confused!

3 comments:

Amber said...

I agree 100%. But, I must admit... now that we're not getting any more plastic bags from the grocery store, those newspaper bags come in really handy for poopy diapers.

Just sayin'.

Dr. A said...

Or for kittie duty.

But I remember having a wicked rubberband collection from the papers growing up. How else is a child supposed to make a big rubberband ball, I ask you?

Diane said...

I totally agree!!! I'd even put up with a dampened paper to avoid the plastic!