Thursday, July 10, 2008

And Today's Activities Included.....

Yummy Yummy Berries! I had a wild hair today and decided on total spur of the moment to take my children berry picking. Completely unplanned, but we had nothing else going on and it certainly beat staying at home and cleaning, or going to the grocery store. (which I have Andy at the store right now, with my list in hand!!)

We drove out to Sauvie Island Farms and got quite the bounty of blueberries! We could have gotten just as many raspberries but all three of us were getting tired by then so only a smaller bowl of them. Still, at a $1.50 a pound... totally worth it! Plus, the boys enjoyed picking the berries/treasure and I think they actually liked the idea of 'harvesting' their own food. The weather was perfect too, not very hot but absolutely gorgeous out!

No comments: