Friday, April 04, 2008

What's Playing in My Kitchen




So I haven't done a music post in awhile and I figured it was time. I actually have been thinking on it for about a week and then today Sarah inspired me! So this is what has been playing on my Ipod in the kitchen lately. Or "kitchen music" as my kids sometimes call it! ;)
1) "Wake Up Call" Maroon 5 -- kinda dark yet kinda fun.

2) "Falling Down" Duran Duran -- Oh how I loved them as a teenager. I haven't listened to the rest of the album yet but this song reminds me very little of D2 of the past. And that's ok! :)

3) "Burning Down the House" Talking Heads -- Couldn't stand them when this was popular. Must be my own aging process because I am now totally loving the danceability of this now!
4) "Road to Nowhere" Talking Heads -- I had to mention this one because if you listen to the beat and then listen to Keith Urban's "I told You So" there is some similarity. Perhaps KU was inspired?
5) "Crushcrushcrush" Paramore -- Their songs are good for running/walking to.

6) "Don't Stop the Music" Rihanna -- Another good walk/run song ...mama say mama saw mamacousaw (ok, don't know how to spell it, but love the Micheal Jackson sample!)

7) "Left of Center" Suzanne Vega -- I hadn't heard this in years but was glad to be reminded how good this is.

8) "We Both Go Down Together" The Decemberists -- I love their music, such great storytelling....it's like musical books.
9) "Parallel" Bad Religion -- I just go with it....I seem to always need some Bad Religion!

10) "It's Oh So Quiet" Bjork -- Reminds me of show/dance tunes

11) "California Dreamin" The Mamas and The Papas -- Can't explain....I always kinda liked them!

12) "The State of Massachusetts" Dropkick Murphys -- Ok so I am currently having a serious love affair with this group! Pure genius with the melding of celtic and punk.

13) "I Think I'm Paranoid" Garbage -- I still like them... and here is to hoping they release more music. Of course they could totally have something in the works and I can be clueless to the fact!

And a couple of other mentions: on myspace there is a band called The Seedy Seeds. They are very cool and occasionally I get on there and listen to them. They aren't on Itunes but you can listen here. And something else.... I have been slow to jump onto the "Captain Bogg & Salty" train but recently I downloaded their music and I really like it! Did you know they are on myspace as well? Check it out here.



1 comment:

Sarah said...

that's a great list of songs! and some new things to listen to as well. thanks.