Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Oh No...Critter Trauma

So I hadn't planned on this post either but....tonight I just spent an hour trying to comfort Mason during bedtime. He brought home another stuffed animal from preschool this week and this time it was Charlie the dog. For whatever reason, Mason has gotten extremely attached to this critter! I think some of it is Mason seems to be a 'dog' person. He loves them, real and otherwise. And Charlie has spent every one of Mason's waking moments with him. So tonight when it was time for bed, Mason started talking about how he was going to miss Charlie. And pretty soon it turned into tears, and then to downright sobbing. Sobbing! And just when I would think I had him calmed down, he would start sobbing again. oh boy..... he seems to have become really attached to this animal and understands (and I mean really understands)
that he has to give Charlie back. He even went so far as to inform me that he wasn't going to school tomorrow. In his mind it means that if he doesn't go to school, he doesn't have to give up Charlie. I can't blame the boy for trying! By the time I had him calmed down and he had been silent for awhile, he turned to me and said "I love you mommy". Yes, insert "awwww" here! And then about ten seconds later, he was playing with my hair and said to me "I love your curls too"! So very sweet......


2 comments:

Amber said...

Three words for you: Barnes. And. Noble.

Just sayin'. :)

Crabby Amy said...

yeah and guess were i am going tomorrow??! ;) I told Mason tonight and he is THRILLED!!!