Tuesday, July 31, 2007

B is for "Bounty and Boys"


Wow...so my little garden has taken off!!!




and looking around the yard, other things are coming along too!
This first one is the plum tree in Grandpa's yard and the other is the fig tree in our yard.



Matthew had insisted on a strawberry plant and recently the boys got to taste the "fruits" of our/my labor!



We also got some strawberries at the farmer's market before they were gone and I managed for a little bit of freezer jam making. I would love to someday do some of my own canning and such but this just wasn't quite the year for it. And besides, I will need to figure out some storage space for that kind of thing. For now, I am just as happy with a little bit of jam in my freezer to be able to enjoy in the middle of winter when I am dreaming/wishing for warm sunshine!


No comments: