Tuesday, November 11, 2008

The Living Dead





They do look rather dead, don't they?? The living dead, or the un-dead, is how I was trying to explain the concept of a zombie to Matthew. I'm not sure that he really got it, but he was insistent that he would be a zombie for Halloween this year. I need to take a picture of his inspiration for this idea. It's about a 2 inch little rubber figure...I have no idea were he got it from but that was what he wanted to be. So my friend, Louise, copied it almost exactly and that's how he became a zombie. Oh, and the most important part? The Brains!!! Yes, that's what is on top of his head. Brains. Those brains originally had hair around them, (which I thought looked cool) but it wasn't how Matthew envisioned it so off they went.
Mason got to be a mummy. Not that he had much choice! ;) Louise had a bunch of gauze hanging around and asked if one of the kids would like to be a mummy and I told that to Mason and he said yes. He was happy, and warm! These costumes were perfect for keeping the kids toasty....not that they needed it on Halloween night. The weather was perfect! Thank you Louise for making such fabulous costumes for my kids!! Spoiled rotten I tell ya.......

1 comment:

betseebee said...

Louise did a fine job on those costumes. Let her know I made a Tinkerbell and lion costume. Later Betsy