Monday, September 15, 2008

Stop The Presses!


It is possible to have a successful dinner in the Crabby Amy household! I was sure it wasn't true....someone always wines, doesn't like what I have fixed,(ahem, Mason), doesn't like the texture(occasionally Matthew) or is upset that I have gone on strike for the evening and actually has to fend for himself (read: husband). But tonight, the stars (all four of them!) aligned. And all I was doing was using up stuff that was taking up space or was on the verge of going bad. Nothing special, just penne pasta that had been in the cupboard for awhile, Italian chicken sausage that had been in the freezer for awhile, and veg that was from the farmers market on Saturday. Which, by the way, the farmers market is full of bounty this time of year....get thee there very quickly and buy, buy, buy!! yum! But back to my eaten dinner, I just kinda threw it all together with a little half & half in the sausage and veg once it was cooked and that was the sauce to go with the penne. And my kids loved it! Mason asked for seconds and trust me, this never happens unless it's some kind of processed, non-naturally occurring in nature, sort of food. Andy loved it, (of course that could have been the wine talking ;)!) and I was very satisfied with my dinner. A very good end to a very trying day. (hence, why the wine was opened while I was cooking. I didn't add it to the food, more important to drink it!)

3 comments:

Amber said...

We had a dinner kind of like that last week sometime. No one complained, and Cayden asked for seconds. Our jaws dropped and we both just kind of stared at him for a second. I think it was the second time he has ever asked for seconds. Congrats on a successful dinner--isn't it sad they have to be so few and far between??? :)

Princessa lil mexico said...

Rock on gurlfriend!!! You work your motherly MAGIC!!!

Sarah said...

I love it when the stars align. See you Wednesday.