Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Hello Second Grade!




So we survived the first day. Actually, Matthew survived just fine....I on the other hand, am always a bit sad to see him off on the first day (and you would think I would be used to this by now!). I missed him during the day, however, I did not miss the brotherly fighting that had seemed to escalate over the last two weeks of summer. My boys needed to be separated, I needed my sanity, therefore, we all needed school to start. I rather like my logic! ;)
The day went well for Matthew, he enjoyed 2nd grade and liked his teacher (whew!). Several kids from his 1st grade class were in class with him and his locker partner is the same child that was his locker partner in kindergarten! I put a note for him in his lunch, which thrilled him, with promises of an after school treat...cupcakes of course! And since I ran out of time to make frosting, it was Nutella to the rescue! Not that Matthew complained one bit. ;)

No comments: