Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Fire on the Mountain!

On Sunday night, Andy and I got to go out since the kids had an unexpected night with grandma and grandpa! So Andy decided that we should go to Fire on the Mountain since he had a gift certificate from his brother for that particular eatery. Oh my. Can I just say YUM!! I had no clue what this place served but it was all about wings!! Oh man they put to shame any kind of buffalo wings one has ever had at a chain restaurant...hot and spicy and lots of them. I actually ended up getting a chicken sandwich that was made with the spicy peanut sauce (which I could only eat about half since it was huge and I had a few of Andy's wings!). Andy had a big ol' plate of wings with 3 different sauces (spicy peanut, Jamaican jerk, and a third that was beyond too hot for me and at the moment I can't remember which one it was). So amazingly good! The restaurant is set up like Laughing Planet so if you eat there, the idea is the same....you order at the counter and then find a table (good luck!). We went to the Burnside location and it's not real big and got crowded fast but it was so worth it. Oh, and for dessert....fried Twinkies!! ;)

No comments: