Monday, October 29, 2007

X is for "Xocolatl Bar"


The easiest way for me to find an 'X' word was to purchase a food I had seen but hadn't tried yet! At my work (all of one day a week that I am there!), we have sold Dagoba chocolate for awhile. I have tried some and I really have liked what I have tried but the Xocolatl bar was one I was afraid of. I think it was the prospect of trying the chocolate with chili's... I had tried another brand with this combination before and thought it was awful. But you see, the lovely thing about this blog (and my determination to finish this alphabet!) is I felt almost forced into trying the Dagoba version. I knew that I wasn't going to come up with another 'X' word and so I went ahead and purchased the bar. And do you know....I ended up really liking it! It's not something you just sit down and eat a whole bunch of....in fact I almost think of it as a savory chocolate bar. And there is definitely heat to it as well. First you get the bitterness of the dark chocolate (which I love) and then it's almost like when you are drinking a really good beer and you get the aftertaste of the chili's....while you still have the chocolate taste in your mouth. Very tasty indeed!!! ;)

No comments: