Sunday, October 28, 2007

W is for "Woodsy Owl"



Give a Hoot, Don't Pollute! Even though this would be a phrase I learned as a child (Woodsy was quite predominate in the 70's and early 80's) it is still relevant for my own children today. Of course Matthew knows what 'Woodsy' says but over the summer I was trying to teach Mason and all he came up with for awhile was "Give me a Hoot"! And then about a month ago he decided that "Give me a Poop" was real funny. OK I admit it was hard to not laugh....and even now it still cracks me up. Damn potty humor! By the way, the 'Woodsy' shirts were purchased here ...I couldn't resist!
and just in time for Halloween.....old Woodsy costumes!!! I love this image as it's probably something I remember seeing (maybe on t.v. maybe at school?) once upon a time. I didn't even know Woodsy was still visiting schools but apparently he is.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I so remember saying that growing up. The shirt is soooo cute and the costumes. OH MY!