Monday, September 11, 2006

First Day of School



Matthew had his first day of kindergarten today!!!! Wow....it's so hard to believe that time has come, although truthfully I am glad school has started because this is a kid that needs a consistent routine. Mental note: next summer there will be either lots of day camps or classes/summer school! He was quite excited to go to school...no trouble at all getting him out the door! Truth be told, I was the one who was a bit of a nervous wreck because I wasn't sure how he would react once he got there or if he would have a hard time following a new routine with new rules etc. But it turns out I had nothing to worry about...(at least not for today!)

Matthew also got a special treat (which I totally forgot about making until this morning when I was in the shower...oops!!) that I had promised to him when he had his first day of kindergarten. So here are pics of Matthew and the school bus cake (even though he won't be riding a school bus!) and eating it with Andy since he took the day off work just for this special day.

No comments: