Monday, May 05, 2008

1st Grade Art- Art Infusion

So I have meant to post a few pictures of some of this year's art infusion work in Matthew's class. Art Infusion is a program at Matthew's school to bring art lessons into the classroom. They are parent led, meaning the parents learn the lesson and then bring it into the classroom and teach it to the kids. It's a great way for parents to get in the classroom and teach and besides the added bonus of getting to know most of the kids! What can I say, I am a snoopy mom who kinda needs to know which kid is which etc.

Anyway, this latest lesson was surprisingly one of my favorites. It was the only one this year that I didn't make it to the training so I was definitely not teaching it. However, the lovely Lydia Hess taught it (I actually love it when she teaches the lessons!) and it went really well. The subject was flowers and Georgia O'Keeffe and using oil pastels. And it was amazing what these kids can do! The pictures are still on the kids' lockers and I very much enjoy looking at them. I am also really hoping a lot of these kids choose one of these pieces for the art show coming up!

No comments: