Wednesday, April 01, 2009

April 1st

No, I didn't have any special jokes, pranks, or craziness planned for today. I'm not that much of a practical joker and am normally not clever enough to come up with something really original. But in honor of the day, I figured I had to do a little something for the kids. So after school, I sent the boys upstairs to play while I made them a "snack". When the time had come, I called them down to come have their "chicken nuggets" with "mustard sauce". Yum, Yum! ;)

Ok, so the chicken nuggets are actually pieces of Sara Lee pound cake (from the freezer) that are cut up and dipped in a sauce of powdered sugar, Karo's syrup, water, and vanilla. Then they are rolled in peanuts and left to set up. The mustard sauce is just vanilla pudding with a little yellow food coloring. My kids like real chicken nuggets but weren't overly impressed with the idea of them as a snack. (hee, hee) And neither one of them have ever really gone for real mustard sauce, they prefer ranch dressing for a dip. But eventually with a little taste of these special chicken nuggets, they were convinced otherwise! :)

No comments: