Monday, October 13, 2008

New Tunes!

No....not for me...for Mason! :) Ever since Matthew got a clock radio in his room, I think Mason has had the idea that he needs one too. So the other day I caved and bought one at Target and this time I got a little smarter about it. Less buttons = less confusion! Mason can't tell time (yet!) but he is loving the fact that he can have his own music in his room. So not too long ago I made a playlist on my Ipod for the boys (which are mostly songs Mason loves) and I just burned them to a cd which they are upstairs listening to right now! ;) ahhhh....the sound of silence downstairs.....

Here is the kids playlist. You will notice that it is heavily influenced by "Guitar Hero" and the movie "Cars".

1) Real Gone - Sheryl Crow

2) Route 66 - Chuck Berry

3) Life is a Highway - Rascal Flatts (and I can't stand Rascal Flatts, but the song is mildly tolerable)

4) Sh-Boom - The Chords (I enjoy this song, partly because I enjoy this part of the movie!)

5) Route 66 - John Mayer

6) Paint it Black - The Rolling Stones (ok, the whole damn family likes this song!)

5) It's Amazing - Jem (Mason can go around half the day singing this one)

6) Famous for Nothing - Dropkick Murphys (my kids always think it's funny that they talk about basketball in this song. I am usually in the car praying they don't notice the part about "alcohol"!)

7) Fairmount Hill - Dropkick Murphys

8) School's Out - Alice Cooper (OMG if my children don't quit singing this one in public I just may die!)

9) Story of My Life - Social Distortion (ok...this is the 'rad daddles' song! Mason hears the first 2 or 3 notes and freaks out in excitement!)

10) Holiday in Cambodia - Dead Kennedys (hello children, let me introduce you to punk)

11) Stray Cat Strut - Stray Cats ( I don't know how many times I have played this song for both boys. Matthew requests it just as much as Mason.)

Yeah I know, a lot of this isn't typical "kid" music. Mason likes any kind of music and Matthew has always been a bit more picky, preferring some of my music over stuff made for children. So I always figured why fight it? Besides, they love the kitty cat song! ;) (and yes, they know very well the story of Uncle Tyson and how he loved that song as a child and had a kitty dance that he did to the music!!) :)

2 comments:

Amber said...

We are all about the non-typical kid music here. Cayden loves him some Green Day and one of Avery's favorite songs this summer (from her dance class) was "All Summer Long," by Kid Rock. Every time it was playing, I was hoping she wouldn't notice the lyrics: "And we were trying different things... We were smoking funny things... Making love out by the lake to our favorite song." !!!

Sarah said...

That's a great list of songs!!!! Gray's favorite songs right now are Eye of the Tiger, Cat's in the Cradle, and Hey there Delilah.