Thursday, December 13, 2007

Bits and Pieces




ok....so back a holiday or two......the day before Halloween in Mason's preschool class there was plenty of face painting and a bit of pre-Halloween celebration. And at the end of the day, Teacher Amy gave them treats! In other words, a lovely little bag of goodies....Halloween pencils, stickers etc. Mason totally loved it...Thanks Amy!
Of course that day we still needed to carve pumpkins. It was amazing we managed to do anything at all since Matthew and I were both sick. Fevers, chills, and general nastiness. Quite a miserable experience and Matthew missed four days of school. He actually missed Halloween day and there was a party in his class but even that didn't remotely convince him to go. Which was fine since I didn't want to take him because I felt just as awful. So while Andy and Mason started carving pumpkins, Matthew attempted to take part. It didn't last long and he had been wearing shorts earlier because it had gotten hot in the house (the weather was unbelievably beautiful) but just after the carving started, so did the chills again for Matthew!
So the sweatshirt went on and pretty soon there was no more carving for Matthew. I don't think he even picked out a face for the pumpkin. And this is how he spent the rest of his time......
Which by the way, Hi Betsy if you are reading!! :) You should recognize the blanket and it's still his favorite....he sleeps with it every night! ;)

Enough about Halloween! Actually, I will have to do one more post on it to show the costume pics but not tonight. Christmas is coming and I am so not ready. I have not even baked one Christmas goodie. However, I just found a remedy for that! My darling hubby was introduced to these wonderful cookies and now I am addicted too. If you have a Trader Joes near you and you like peppermint, you must go now and buy the Peppermint Joe Joe's. They are basically like a peppermint oreo. But so much better!!! Nice chocolate cookies with creamy oreo like filling that is peppermint flavored with candies in it. Way better than an oreo since the filling doesn't line the roof of your mouth with fat/grease/whatever the hell it is. I love these cookies but it's a good thing you can't eat too many at a time. So good after dinner too, and the very best part is my kids don't like peppermint!!! ;)

No comments: